Tory Lanez Bail Increased For Violating Protective Order
By Peyton Blakemore
August 24, 2021
Tory Lanez is having to face the repercussions of his actions, following his surprise appearance during DaBaby's controversial Rolling Loud performance last month.
According to TMZ, the Canadian rapper, who is accused of shooting Megan The Stallion last summer, had to put up more bail money after a judge ruled he violated Meg's protective order with his appearance at the Miami festival.
Judge Keith Borjon increased Tory's bail from $190,000 to $250,000 in a Los Angeles court on Monday (August 23) — where Tory was present — and modified his bail conditions to prohibit him from attending events where Megan will be present. The judge additionally said if Tory violates Megan's protective order again, he will be remanded into custody.
"You're facing years in prison, over 22 years in prison," the judge reportedly told Tory in court today, per Pitchfork. "They could have filed an additional charge based on violating the protective order because that's a violation of law, as well. You do not want to be doing things like this, sir. You have the means and the wherewithal and a lot of smart people around you to advise you as to how you should be conducting your life, so we don't have to have hearings like this."
TMZ caught up with Tory following the judge's sentencing and he told the outlet's photog: "All I'm going to say is, if y'all gon' get me, get me from my right side 'cause I look good as f**k."
Last month, Tory made a surprise appearance during DaBaby's set — which also featured the North Carolina rapper making homophobic remarks — shortly after Megan's set.
Following the incident, TMZ reported that Megan and her team at Rolling Loud were "very upset" about Tory appearing on stage with DaBaby due to the judge-issued protective order that requires Tory to stay at least 100 yards away from Megan. Sources told TMZ at the time, Megan was still backstage when he took the stage with DaBaby "less than an hour after she finished her set."
The Miami Police Department and the Los Angeles County D.A.'s office were reportedly contacted about the then-alleged violation of Megan's protective order, TMZ reported.