14-Year-Old Charged, Gruesome Details Emerge In Seattle School Shooting

By Zuri Anderson

November 15, 2022

A 14-year-old boy was charged with premeditated first-degree murder Monday (November 14) as more shocking details have emerged in the fatal Seattle school shooting, according to FOX 13.

The teenage suspect is accused of shooting a 17-year-old student at Ingraham High School multiple times on the morning of November 8. Seattle Police caught him and a 15-year-old accomplice trying to escape at a metro city bus stop. The victim was rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries but later died, officials said.

Court documents revealed more details leading up to the shooting. According to records, the suspect, victim and other students got into a physical fight in the bathroom at the school. Investigators said the victim and his friends learned about the suspect bringing a gun to school and wanted it. The suspect's phone may have been taken during the brawl, authorities claim.

The victim and his friends can be seen laughing on surveillance video as they leave the bathroom. A teacher reportedly told cops the 14-year-old appeared agitated in class following the fight.

Witnesses spotted the suspect and the witness talking in the hallway around 9:55 a.m. Someone reportedly heard the victim ask the suspect, "You're not gonna bust it?" before the suspect walks past him. That's when the 14-year-old allegedly pulled out a gun and unleashed five rounds into the victim's back, per charging documents, and it was all caught on surveillance cameras.

Prosecutors claim the suspect kept shooting the victim even after he hit the ground and pointed the firearm at another student in the hallway. He opened fire but missed, records allege. Other people were in the hallway at the time.

After the incident, both the suspect and accomplice fled the school to a woman's backyard, telling her they escaped a school shooting, per records. The duo hid inside the neighbor's home for about 30 minutes and even asked for a ride out of the area. They ended up heading down Aurora Avenue to a metro bus stop, where they were apprehended.

Court documents state the suspect planned on hurting more people during his rampage.

The 14-year-old was also charged with first-degree assault with a deadly weapon and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm. The 15-year-old was charged with second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm and first-degree felony rendering criminal assistance.

The King County Prosecutor's Office has filed a motion for the 14-year-old suspect to be tried as an adult. A judge will have to approve it.

Both suspects are scheduled to appear again in Child and Family Justice Center on Tuesday (November 15).

Advertise With Us

For You

    Music, radio and podcasts, all free. Listen online or download the iHeart App.


    © 2023 iHeartMedia, Inc.