This week, Dani and Ify are joined by guests Christopher Smith Bryant, of LAGS (LA Gayming Society), and Kanon Spackman, Associate Technical Program Manager at PlayStation, to discuss the quality of LGBTQ representation in geek culture, past and present. The conversation ranges from favorite characters and LGBTQ stories to personal experiences with other members of the Gayming community, how that community started, and where it's going. Make sure to follow everyone on social media to keep the conversation going after the episode!
1. The First Gay Space on the Internet
2. When AOL Was GayOL
3. Queer & nerdy: Why your startup should hire a gay developer
4. BGD BLOG HELPED ME EMBRACE BEING A QUEER NERD OF COLOR
5. Bury Your Gays
6. All 198 Dead Lesbian and Bisexual Characters On TV, And How They Died
7. What Led to Lexa: A Look at the History of Media Burying Its Gays
8. LGBT Fans Deserve Better
9. Disney's Long, Complicated History with Queer Characters
10. This Woman Matched Gay Stereotypes To Disney Villains And It’s Brilliant
11. 10 Queer-Coded, Gay Villains from Our Childhood
12. How Gay Is Your Geek TV?
13. 10 Fictional LGBT Geek Icons
14. Marvel Misses Another Easy Opportunity for LGBTQ Representation With Black Panther
15. THREE LGBT GAMERS TALK ABOUT QUEERING GEEK CULTURE
16. What Will Gay Culture Look Like in 2035?
17. We Ask Queer Nerds Who Their Favorite LGBT Character Is
18. LGBTQ Video Game Archive
19. 10 Gay YA Books You'll Love (No Matter Your Age)
Learn more about your ad-choices at https://news.iheart.com/podcast-advertisers