GNN's tips for surviving Cabin Fever and Coding from Home, Self-host a password manager on OpenBSD, Preliminary OpenBSD Support added to OBS, Dan's CURL tip of the Day, List of some Shell goodies for OpenBSD, and more
This episode of BSDNow is brought to you by Tarsnap (https://www.tarsnap.com/bsdnow)
GNN's tips for surviving Cabin Fever and Coding from Home (https://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=3437846)
Forgive me if this seems off topic, but I was wondering if you had any advice for the majority of us who are now KFH (koding from home). I don't know how KV works day to day, but it seems pretty clear that the status quo has changed at most workplaces in the last several months, and it's hard to know if there are things we could be doing to stay productive while we're all at home, ordering delivery, and microwaving our mail. Does KV have any good guidance?
Self-host a password manager on OpenBSD (https://www.tumfatig.net/20210105/self-host-a-password-manager-on-openbsd/)
I’ve been using Rubywarden to store and access my passwords from OpenBSD workstations and iOS toys. But recent redondant failures from the iOS App and rubywarden not being maintained anymore led to the need for a new solution.
I was investing on pass+pgp+git but it was quite complex.
Preliminary OpenBSD Support added to OBS (https://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article;sid=20210113072623)
Dan's CURL tip of the Day (https://mobile.twitter.com/DLangille/status/1323963716153626626)
List of some Shell goodies for OpenBSD (https://www.vincentdelft.be/post/post_20210102)
I'm sharing here some practices I'm following and some small tips/tools which facilitate my usage of OpenBSD in my day to day.
Some are really specific to my usage, others could be re-used.
• [Traditional text mode games from BSD](https://github.com/msharov/bsd-games)
• [FreeBSD Easter Eggs](https://twitter.com/freebsdfrau/status/972893680473317377)
• [A prehistory and history of Unix Slide Deck](https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1BxnFiP_Hv3HJbbYRfSxpTym7GzqxJPQlTE6Ur5h1Al8/edit#slide=id.g951f86c343_0_95)
• [How to use Android USB Tethering to get Internet on FreeBSD](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAEmtrEZlV8)
• [VPN'Othon #2 for CharmBUG](https://github.com/BSDNow/bsdnow.tv/blob/master/episodes/387/charmbug_event.md)
This weeks episode of BSDNow was sponsored by our friends at Tarsnap, the only secure online backup you can trust your data to. Even paranoids need backups.
• [Kev - Ramdisk](https://github.com/BSDNow/bsdnow.tv/blob/master/episodes/387/feedback/kev%20-%20ramdisk.md)
• [John - new to freebsd](https://github.com/BSDNow/bsdnow.tv/blob/master/episodes/387/feedback/John%20-%20new%20to%20freebsd)
Send questions, comments, show ideas/topics, or stories you want mentioned on the show to firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)