Recently a video of Jimmy Choi went viral on video-sharing social network TikTok in which he was having a hard time opening his pill bottle because of his early-onset Parkinson’s.
The TikTok community rallied around Jimmy. The result? So inspiring: An “accessible” bottle was created that Jimmy can now open with ease.
So honored to have Jimmy on the show to share the story behind the video, what it was like to be diagnosed with the disease at 27, the eight years of denial after the diagnosis + ALL that he has accomplished since:
If you could use an uplifting reminder of the power of community, this episode is for you.
JIMMY CHOI'S LIVE INSPIRED 7
1. What is the best book you’ve ever read? Living With a SEAL by Jesse Itzler.
2. What is a characteristic or trait that you possessed as a child that you wish you still exhibited today? Sense of adventure.
3. Your house is on fire, all living things and people are out. You have the opportunity to run in and grab one item. What would it be? My wall of accomplishments because they represent the milestones in life I was able to achieve during a dark time in my life.
4. You are sitting on a bench overlooking a gorgeous beach. You have the opportunity to have a long conversation with anyone living or dead. Who would it be? Michael J. Fox and Bruce Lee
5. What is the best advice you’ve ever received? My dad’s mantra: Be above average.
6. What advice would you give your 20-year-old self? Be patient. Progress and change doesn’t come overnight.
7. It’s been said that all great people can have their lives summed up in one sentence. How do you want yours to read? You came at me hard but my family was there to push back against you.***
About our sponsor: Keeley Companies wholeheartedly believes that if you get the people right -the results will follow. They set themselves apart with a forward-thinking culture that empowers their people and fosters loyal partnerships. Keeley Companies are a proud sponsor, partner, and super fan of the Live Inspired Podcast. Learn more about Keeley Companies.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.