Mazhar Gadiwala and Aniket Gue discussed Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) with a professional MMA fighter - Mohitraj Singh.
Mohit is the founder of Whole 9 Yards (W9Y) MMA Academy in Mumbai, India. He has just launched his new gym that has almost all the infrastructure you require to train at the highest level of combat sports.
Whether you wish to learn strength and conditioning, self-defence or simply get ripped, Mohit trains you by international standards and in the right way.
Mohit has over 10 years of experience in martial arts, combat training, fitness and wellness. He is certified in karate, taekwondo, boxing, kickboxing, MMA, judo, Muay Thai and wrestling!
His accolades speak volumes about his calibre as not only a fighter but a trainer since he has seen it all -
1. He finished with the 2nd rank at the Freestyle Cage Fighting (FCF) World Championships that were held in Russia.
2. He also finished 2nd in the FCF Asian Championship.
3. He won the gold medal in National Kickboxing in India.
4. He secured the gold medal at the National Mushtido Championship.
5. He won at FCC-09 and FCC-10, events organised by the Full Contact Championship - India's longest-running professional MMA fight network.
Mohit has trained at some of the biggest international gyms for MMA including USA's American Top Team, which trains athletes including UFC's best - Dustin Poirier, Edson Barboza, Yoel Romero, Tyron Woodley, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Amanda Nunes, Jorge Masvidal and many more.
He discusses his journey, why Indians are failing to make it into the UFC, the importance of self-defence and his aspirations of making it to the biggest stages in combat sports like ONE, Bellator or the UFC.
Reach out to Mohit on Instagram @mohitrajw9y -
Follow Whole 9 Yards (W9Y) on Instagram @w9ymma -
Leave your comments on thoughts and suggestions for upcoming episodes.
Like, Share, Subscribe/Follow our page for episodes every week!
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/allaboutsports-thepodcast/support