Episode 81 – Bringing our industry UP! We’re in this together—let’s learn from one another.
Phil Carpenter is a young man with a lot of responsibility as the Director of Operations for Urban AutoCare and Avalon Automotive. He’s also the President of the ASA Colorado Mechanical Division and has a keen interest in local legislative and community issues. Urban and Avalon Owner Brian Sump has a lot of faith in Phil’s abilities. As one of the next-generation of business leaders, Phil represents a new face with new ideas. Listen in as he discusses:
· How he started young in the industry attending UTI and working for an Audi dealership before going into the independent segment.
· His role as Director of Operations for a growing number of locations.
· Their strategy of acquiring good shops and making improvements
· His typical day managing multiple locations.
· The challenges in finding the right technicians.
· The importance of developing technicians internally to “grow your own.”
· Urban’s apprenticeship program and the value it provides.
· Using every avenue to recruit technical talent.
· Getting involved with the local Automotive Technology Programs.
· His views on the biggest challenges facing our industry.
· How we can help the next generation of technicians.
· The importance of ongoing education and training.
· How he maintains his life/work balance and the importance of family.
· What we’ve learned from the pandemic and what’s going to stick.
· Phil’s perspective on the value of ASA membership.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
The Breakfast Club
The World's Most Dangerous Morning Show, The Breakfast Club, With DJ Envy, Angela Yee And Charlamagne Tha God!
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.