Welcome back to season two of Deep Dive with Vanessa Mdee. After a long year of shedding scales and getting her mind vulnerable and ready for a new dawn...Vanessa opens with LOVE. For love is pure, the world needs love right now and God is love. We have Singer/Songwriter and Actor Rotimi to talk about communication in love. You’ve been wondering how they met, how they feel in love and how they are building the new future together and it’s all in there, plus discovering love languages, how to handle conflict, and why being honest with yourself will also help you be honest with your partner. Communication is a skill you have to work on together and today you will get specifics and methods to grow your skills, right from their lives! This episode will set the new bar for a fabulous season two. Enjoy!
• Love and Communication with Rotimi - Ro Intro 2:30
• How did you two meet? 6:30 #Essencefest
• Ro at Essence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WprYIo96xrg
• Insight on the Swahili community
• Ro’s languages 22:50
• Vee’s languages 23:16
• The older you are the better. Waiting till 30’s is a proven method! 28:00
• Reliability & Accountability - Do they follow through? 29:42
• How their story came out to the public and what they experienced 30:10
• Shared Power! Meaning the two of you have an impact on each other, like a closed circuit. Men are usually the ones who break this - 33:50
• RO: Talking to the men out there 37:55
• Co-dependent versus interdependent. 34:55
• Real vulnerability vs fake vulnerability 38:42
• “The Last Dance” Michael Jordan doc (movie) “ 40:10
• Michael Jordan “Limits like fears are just an illusion.” “How can I be nervous for a shot I haven’t taken?” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Z9JtNcCWY
• Rotimi’s Mom hopes they have “teachable spirits” 43:39
• Rotimi will be in “Coming 2 America” out December 2020 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_2_America
• Rotimi on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rotimi
A Jam Street Media production.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.