Episode Length: 32:58
· Overview of the Canadian and U.S. ETF markets
· Actively managed ETF strategies
· Smart beta strategies
· How the ETF market eclipsed the mutual fund market in Canada
· U.S. ETF market trends
· Why financial advisors use ETFs in Canada and the U.S.
· Views on whether or not the ETF market is overcrowded
· Growing interests in thematic ETFs
· Institutional investors and ESG
· Expectations on the growth of Canadian thematic ETFs
· Predictions on the future of the North American ETF market
· Favourite ETF tickers
Andres Rincon, CMT, Director, Equity Derivatives & ETF Strategy, TD Securities
Andres Rincon, CMT, is director of equity, ETFs and derivatives strategy at TD Securities. He advises institutional and wealth investors on ETF and option strategies, publishes a broad array of ETF and derivative publications, and works with TD's ETF market making team in facilitating ETF orders. He holds a bachelor of commerce degree in commerce, finance from the University of Ottawa
James Seyffart, CFA, CAIA, ETF & Commodities Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence
James Seyffart is a research analyst within Bloomberg Intelligence (Bloomberg LP's Research Department). He focuses on the research of the broader asset management industry with specialized expertise in the coverage of ETFs, Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds. Works with Bloomberg's commodity strategist in the research of cryptocurrencies and assists in the production of Bloomberg's ETF IQ, the only TV show fully devoted to all things ETFs. He has a B.S. in Finance and Accounting from The College Of New Jersey (TCNJ).
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.