On today’s episode, we speak with Bobby Trosset, a former NFL pregame radio host who is striking out on his own with a podcast and Youtube channel. Bobby is making the difficult switch from mainstream media to the creator world, with content focused on the Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore sports, and beyond. He has multiple podcasts, two Youtube channels, and is thinking about ways to grow his audience to other mediums. In just under nine months, he’s amassed thousands of subscribers and tens of thousands of downloads. Yet the crushing doubt of building your own content business in a niche market hangs over his head daily. Listen now as Bobby walks us through how he made the switch from radio to podcasting and YouTube out of necessity, what he is doing to build and monetize his audience, and how the constant uncertainty of future success is with him.
Onto the interview….
● (0:09) Episode introduction with Kyle and Jason.
● (1:07) Bobby’s welcome and introduction.
● (2:10) Bobby’s background, the creation of Raven’s Fault, and the importance of Youtube.
● (7:51) How Bobby handled the new media landscape and decided to create his own content.
● (15:10) The daunting nature of striking out on your own and handling online criticism.
● (21:00) The breakdown of Bobby’s business plan and how he approaches monetization and revenue streams.
● (27:50) A deeper look at advertising with BlueWire, Google AdSense, and YouTube.
● (34:03) Working in new media and the pros/cons of working on sports content creation without press credentials.
● (39:00) Content differentiation ideas and ditching old media formality.
● (42:05) Expanding business opportunities, online sports betting, and using morals to guide business.
● (48:38) Balancing content creation, audience growth, and monetization.
● (52:08) Tools of the trade talk and growth opportunities.
● (58:15) Where to find Bobby online.
● (59:11) Closing thoughts with Kyle and Jason.
Tools and Resources Mentioned:
Youtube Creator Hub Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/youtube-creators-hub/id843566797
BlueWire Podcasts: https://www.bluewirepods.com/
Google AdSense: https://www.google.com/adsense/start/
Riverside Podcast Recording: https://riverside.fm/homepage
Beehiiv Newsletter Platform: https://www.beehiiv.com/
Rev Automated Transcription: https://www.rev.com/services/auto-audio-transcription
Guest Social Media Links ---
Ravens Vault Podcast :
Ravens Vault YouTube Channel : (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1AKndUf3naqrtbFDcN1gDg)
Raising Stake Links -----
Twitter : (https://twitter.com/raisingstake)
Newsletter : (https://raisingstake.beehiiv.com/)
Linkedin : (https://www.linkedin.com/company/raising-stake/)
TikTok : (https://www.tiktok.com/@raisingstake)
Facebook : (https://www.facebook.com/raisingstake)
Follow us on Social Media -----
Listen on your favorite streaming platform: (https://link.chtbl.com/MonetizeMedia)
Check out our website for more information: (https://www.monetize.media)
This podcast is hosted by Kyle Scott and Jason Ziernicki and produced by (PodcastSins.com)
Copyright CBWG Media Group LLC.
Please consider subscribing and sharing this episode if you found it entertaining or informative.
If you want to go the extra mile, you can leave us a rating or review which helps the show with rankings and algorithms on certain platforms. you can leave us a review on Podchaser or Apple Podcasts
Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast so you get the latest episodes.
Any and all opinions expressed are solely the hosts and guest(s) and do not represent or express the views or opinions of monetize media.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.