Today on SuperCharged Life, Dr. Judy asks the critical question “Are you Happy?” What you don’t know about happiness might surprise you. Dr. Judy dedicates this entire episode to teaching you about the art and science of happiness and giving you valuable tools to start feeling happier today.
Play the Happiness Fact vs Myth Game, and learn about the two different types of happiness and why it is so essential to understand the difference. Dr. Judy answers all of your questions about happiness like, “How do I teach my children to deal with unhappiness? How can I embrace or at least accept negative emotions? How do I undo my childhood programming to keep emotions bottled up? Is having a conflict-free relationship the key to happiness? Does a diagnosis of depression mean I am destined to being unhappy? And how do I cope with feelings of isolation and loneliness during the COVID-19 pandemic?” Dr. Judy offers scientifically-driven tangible self-help tips and quick and easy happiness exercises to practice in order to increase the enjoyment you feel even during difficult times.
Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s Supercharged tips- The Five Habits of Happy People- and learn about the ancient practice of the Hygge lifestyle, and how this secret can boost the happiness you experience in your life!
In this episode, Dr. Judy tackles:
1. What is happiness? The answer may surprise you (2:28)
2. Fact or Myth? Test your happiness knowledge (4:10)
3. The two major types of happiness (7:50)
4. How much happiness is in your control? (11:50)
5. Dr. Judy Answers: How to turn off childhood programming that encourages emotional avoidance? (13:30)
6. Dr. Judy Answers: Is absence of conflict in relationships a sign of happiness? (16:10)
7. Dr. Judy Answers: How to embrace or at least accept negative emotions? (19:30)
8. Dr. Judy Answers: How to keep employees motivated, productive, and happy? (21:40)
9. Dr. Judy Answers: Are people who are depressed destined to a less happy life? (24:00)
10. Dr. Judy Answers: Ways to get hedonically happy that are healthy and not self-destructive? (26:30)
11. Dr. Judy Answers: How to find new ways to socially connect instead of isolate? (29:35)
12. Dr. Judy Answers: How to help others be happy when I’m feeling down myself? (31:45)
13. Supercharged Secret of the Day: The five habits of happy people (39:50)
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
Dr. Judy Website
Dr. Judy Instagram
Dr. Judy Twitter
Dr. Judy Facebook
Stage 29 Podcasts Instagram
Stage 29 Podcasts Twitter
Stage 29 Podcasts Facebook
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices