On this episode of the Supercharged Life, Dr. Judy tackles one of the most important and fascinating areas of psychological study called Attachment Theory. Dr. Judy explains the four types of Attachment Styles so you can recognize which one you are and why you do what you do in your relationships. Why are you attracted to certain kinds of people? Why do you behave as you do in relationships? Why have your relationships succeeded or failed? Why do the same problems and issues tend to come up again and again? Dr. Judy takes on listener questions about Attachment Theory and helps you solve relatable conumdrums like how to confront dismissive parents, how to raise children with optimal attachment, why you or someone you love is a workaholic, why you’ve chased after unavailable people, and why you self-sabotage good relationships without knowing it, and how to enact good boundaries and protect your personal and psychological space.
Stay tuned to the very end, because Dr. Judy has her 5 Supercharged Tips on how to heal yourself so that you can have healthy and enriching relationships in every area of your life!
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
In this episode, we discuss:
1. What every romantic comedy you've ever watched is trying to tell you (1:10)
2. Primer to attachment theory (2:30)
3. Secure attachment style (4:00)
4. Anxious-preoccupied attachment style (6:00)
5. Dismissive-avoidant attachment (9:00)
6. Fearful-avoidant attachment (11:15)
7. Dr. Judy Answers: Am I self-sabotaging my relationship by being jealous? (14:30)
8. Dr. Judy Answers: Am I a workaholic, or am I avoidantly attached (16:30)
9. Dr. Judy Answers: An easy exercise to boost self-esteem and reduce insecurities? (19:20)
10. Dr. Judy Answers: Love the thrill of the chase but not the stability?
11. Dr. Judy Answers: Can overly reassuring an insecure partner have the opposite effect? (24:35)
12. What is healthy boundaries, really? (28:00)
13. Dr. Judy Answers: How do I raise a child with a secure attachment style? (29:40)
14. Dr. Judy Answers: Why do I chase unavailable people? (32:25)
15. Dr. Judy Answers: Should I confront my parents about their dismissive style towards me? (35:00)
16. SuperCharged Secret of the Day: How to optimize your attachment style to foster great relationships (38:00)
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices