Get ready to get Psyched with Dr. Dom and Dr. Judy, the Dynamic Duo of behavioral health! Dr. Dom is a double-board certified psychiatrist and host of the “Psych Unfiltered” podcast. Together, they help you get your mental health into fighting shape by offering practical tips that anyone can do to improve their well-being today.
Taking care of your mental health is more crucial than ever as more people are struggling with feeling their best. This timely episode digs into how to assess your mental wellness, the best ways to treat mental health symptoms, why it’s important to find your “goosebump moments,” and how to manage overwhelm, fatigue, and stress more effectively. Dr. Dom shares personal stories about his own struggles with anxiety and depression and why that has led him to become a more empathic and effective psychiatrist, and how he followed his heart to ultimately discover the career of his dreams. Dr. Judy and Dr. Dom answer listener questions about mindfulness ruts, coping with alcohol, workaholism, grief, negative thinking patterns, and how to help your children while staying sane as parents. Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s Supercharged tips about what you can do to keep your mental health in fighting shape!
Make sure to check out Dr. Dom’s new podcast Psych Unfiltered! https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/psych-unfiltered-with-dr-d/id1543991192
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
In this episode, we discuss:
1. The Origin Story of the Dynamic Duo of Psych (5:00)
2. The correct and incorrect way to treat mental illness (6:30)
3. Dr. Dom shares his own struggles with anxiey and depression (8:00)
4. The importance of what we feed our minds (11:00)
5. Dr. Dom’s tips on how to cope during tough times and seeking “goosebump moments” (13:15)
6. Dynamic Duo answers: What if mindfulness makes one more anxious? (17:50)
7. Dynamic Duo answers: Is my recreational drinking becoming a problem? (21:30)
8. Dynamic Duo answers: Is workaholism an addiction? (25:30)
9. Dynamic Duo answers: Grieving a loved one lost to COVID-19 – how to cope with loss without closure? (28:45)
10. Dynamic Duo answers: How do we keep our sanity as parents while helping our struggling children? (31:15)
11. Psych Unfiltered: Dr. Dom’s vision for his new podcast (36:00)
12. Supercharged Secret of the Day: Get your mental health into fighting shape! (37:15)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices