Self-compassion is a skill you can practice and research shows tremendous positive outcomes! Today on SuperCharged Life, Dr. Judy gives you all the tools you need to begin your perfectly tailored self-compassion practice today! Self-compassion is often misunderstood and gets a bad rap. Dr. Judy debunks common self-compassion myths, reviews the state of the science on why self-compassion is crucial to your self-esteem, confidence, and well-being, and describes the 3 elements of self-compassion you must know and start adopting now. Dr. Judy then takes on listener questions – including self-compassion tips for the cynic and the perfectionist, how to heal from past wounds and traumas, how to forgive yourself and build trusting relationships, and how to teach children and teens about self-compassion. Dr. Judy talks about why inner child work is anything but whoo-hoo, explains the power of mini-breaks, and how we can use modeling to encourage self-compassion in those we love.
Continue your journey in self-compassion with Dr. Judy as she leads a powerful 4-minute loving kindness meditation, and doles out her SuperCharged Secret of the Day – how to power up self-compassion to elevate how you feel about yourself, improve your productivity and goal attainment, and strengthen bonds with important people in your life. This is an episode you won’t want to miss!
In this episode, Dr. Judy discusses:
1. Misconceptions of self-compassion (1:05)
2. What is self compassion, really? The three elements of highly self-compassionate people (5:00)
3. Dr. Judy Answers: Self compassion when you have low self-esteem? Ways to heal your inner child (11:00)
4. Dr. Judy Answers: How to use self-compassion for motivation: the power of mini-breaks to disrupt negative throughout loops (14:30)
5. Dr. Judy Answers: Self-compassion tips for a cynic (17:25)
6. Dr. Judy Answers: How to teach self-compassion to kids (20:45)
7. Dr. Judy Answers: How to be self-compassionate when you’re a perfectionist (25:10)
8. Dr. Judy Answers: How to have self-compassion when you haven’t forgiven yourself: Reestablishing trust in a relationship after infidelity (28:00)
9. 4-minute guided self-compassion meditation (32:30)
10. SuperCharged Secret of the Day: Power up your self-compassion (38:50)
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
Dr. Judy Website
Dr. Judy Instagram
Dr. Judy Twitter
Dr. Judy Facebook
Stage 29 Podcasts Instagram
Stage 29 Podcasts Twitter
Stage 29 Podcasts Facebook
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices