Do you know what your love language is? What about the love language of your boss or family member or romantic partner? Dr. Judy offers a fresh and exciting way to apply Gary Chapman’s world-famous 5 Love Languages theory to all of the most important relationships in your life. Dr. Judy explains exactly what the 5 Love Languages are and gives you a chance to identify your own love language and the love langauges of the people who mean the most to you.
Then Dr, Judy answers your listener questions. From whether you need to have the same love languages as your partner, to how to use the love languages to parent better and get a promotion at work, to resolving conflict and getting along better with bosses, co-workers, and friends, Dr. Judy offers scientific strategies to apply the love languages to superpower all of your relationships. Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s Supercharged Tips to make the 5 love languages work for you to achieve meaningful, quality relationships with the most important people in your life.
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
In this episode, we discuss:
1. How the five love languages apply to all kinds of relationships in life (0:40)
2. How do you discover someone’s love language? 3 tips (5:20)
3. A quick rundown of the love languages (7:00)
4. How to best motivate my team? Dr. Judy’s E and O technique (11:30)
5. Applying the 5 love languages to parenting: Dr. Judy teaches a plan that grows with the child (14:15)
6. Dealing with a romantic partner with a different love language: best success tips (17:20)
7. Adulting, independence, and love languages: how to help a failure to launch family member (21:25)
8. Using the love languages to improve career opportunities: Great ways to beome an extremely valuable member at work (24:00)
9. Using the love languages to smooth over conflict after an argument (25:45)
10. The secret to workplace productivity, stress-free meetings, and happy co-workers (27:30)
11. Misconceptions about the 5 love languages: the key to using them well (30:00)
12. Supercharged Tips: How to power up your relationships (33:30)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices