On this episode of Supercharged Life, Dr. Judy is thrilled to welcome a hero of hers - world-renowned sleight-of-hand magician and two-time winner of America’s Got Talent, Shin Lim. Dr. Judy fangirls about his incredible and unique talent and their shared love of music and the craft of magic. Dr. Judy explains the science behind why awe is so healthy for us and why we need to keep searching for and cultivating childlike wonder in our own lives.
Shin opens up about the devastating diagnosis that led him to focus on his magic, the hilarious story behind the uniqueness of his acts, the behind-the-scenes craziness of his time on America’s Got Talent, the power of visualization and how he uses it in his life, and his secret to continual ingenuity you won’t want to miss.
Stay tuned for Dr. Judy’s tips on cultivating awe, creativity and wonder in your own life so you can see the limits of what’s possible for you. Make sure you go to Dr. Judy’s Instagram @drjudyho to check out Shin teaching a simple yet amazing card trick that you can easily learn and then wow the people in your life!
If you have a problem or issue that relates to today’s topics, download and subscribe today and Supercharge your life now! And if you have questions you need answered, follow and DM Dr. Judy on Instagram @drjudyho and she will get to as many questions as possible on her next episode of Ask Dr. Judy!
To submit questions for Dr. Judy to answer anonymously, go to this link:
In this episode, we discuss:
1. Dr. Judy’s secret: she’s a nerd for magic! (0:15)
2. The wellness benefits of experiencing wonder and awe (2:15)
3. Shin’s first life-changing experience with magic (6:45)
4. How Shin developed his unique magic artistry and links to his piano performances (9:50)
5. How Shin turned devasting news into a fantastic new career (16:30)
6. Why Shin claims he is a “lazy” magician (23:05)
7. What you can expect from Shin’s amazing Las Vegas residency show titled “Limitless” (24:40)
8. Shin’s intense experience on America’s Got Talent – two years in a row (27:25)
9. Shin’s secret to continual ingenuity and why you shouldn’t shy away from creative challenges (31:35)
10. How Shin taps into the power of mental practice and goal achievement (35:35)
11. Sneak peek to Shin’s magic trick demonstration for newbies – learn it and wow your family and friends! (37:00)
12. Supercharged Secret of the Day: How to Experience Wonder and Awe Daily (38:50)
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices