In this episode, Matt McCarthy of M&J Electric Inc. shares his experience transitioning from commercial to residential electrical work. He talks about starting in the trades at a young age, the pros and cons of running a solo versus partnered business, and his thoughts on nonsensical electrical safety rules and dealing with hydro companies. Matt also shares his insights on the latest technology in custom residential projects, Toronto's outdated infrastructure, and the dangers of hiring cheap electricians.
• Check out M&J Electric Inc.'s website: MJElectric.ca
• Follow M&J Electric Inc. on Instagram: @MandJElectric
• Contact M&J Electric Inc.: Info@MJElectric.ca or MMcCarthy@MJElectric.ca
• Follow "The Amabel Letters" on TikTok and Pinterest: @the_amabel_letters
• Follow "The Amabel Letters" on Instagram: @_the_amabel_letters
• Direct questions and inquiries about "The Amabel Letters" to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Connect with The Construction Life Podcast: text Manny at 416 433-5737 or email him at email@example.com
• If you have something to contribute to the podcast, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to join us in studio.