• Cancel Culture part deux: With recent cancel parties for Trina, Tokyo Jetz, Da Baby, Doja Cat, and now Lil Wayne, is “Black Twitter” counterproductive and/or toxic?
• In the year 2020 has the line between facts and opinions been blurred? Is emotion-based content more powerful than facts at this point? (Example: Protests without any tangible plan or strategy) (Recent black female protestor yelling at elders about tearing down a statue that freed black slaves actually paid for)
• Drew Brees controversial comments regarding the National Anthem protests and the backlash plus apology tour, was the controversy justified, and can athletes/celebrities have an opinion that goes against the mainstream without being vilified?
• Was Simone B’s comments on dating brothers with a 9-5 job controversial? or taken out of context?
• With some protesters demands to defund the police, break down if this idea is even possible, and if so, does it really have a positive effect on the black community?
• Led by Kyrie Irving and Stephen Jackson, NBA players are talking about sitting out the restart of the NBA season to focus on activism. Agree or disagree?
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/harshrealitypodcast)
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
This is what the news should sound like. The biggest stories of our time, told by the best journalists in the world. Hosted by Michael Barbaro. Twenty minutes a day, five days a week, ready by 6 a.m.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.