Interview with Marlissa "Mars" Herring: CEO/Co-Founder and President of Fit, Black, and Educated Inc. She has been in the fitness industry for over 10 years motivating people through sports, personal training, and obstacle course races.
• Introduction: Background Information
• The importance of black fitness and stigma associated with the fit lifestyle in urban communities.
• Nutrition and food deserts.
• Education in the Black community. There is a lack of Black Americans who know basic Black American history/important figures. How do we change this?
• Thoughts on the election and voting in general.
• Where do we go from here as a community and movement post-election?
• Importance of black entrepreneurship
• Wrap Up (plug business information, events, socials, etc.)
Facebook (personal): https://www.facebook.com/marlissa.herring
Instagram (personal): https://www.instagram.com/_marsfit/
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/harshrealitypodcast)
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Stuff You Should Know
Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zach and Donald