* Today we start a new message series - “The Marks of a Healthy Church”. Over the next 10 weeks we are going to look at eight passages in the Bible to draw out and apply things that characterize a healthy church, including who and what we are as a healthy church and what a healthy church does. These passages will include examining the example of the first church, what Jesus said about the church, what Paul said about the church, and what the writer of Hebrews said about healthy believers.
* In the book of Acts we have great detail about how the first church (in Jerusalem) exploded from 120 followers of Christ to over 3000 and then to many thousands. Today, in Acts 2, we will see a list of building blocks that contribute to the foundation of a healthy church. These will be drawn from the example of that first church, as it grew from 120 people to approximately 3120 people – in a single day! Next week we will further develop a few of these building blocks from Acts 4.
* The purpose of this series is to help us, as individuals and as a church, to pursue being and remaining a healthy church, in order that Christ as head of the church will be honored and in order that God will be glorified in and by and through us. If we don't know what a healthy church is, or if we forget, then we are aimless and unlikely to be or remain a healthy church.
* Healthy believers lead to healthy churches, and healthy churches help individuals to be healthy believers.
* This message was presented on April 24, 2022 by David Hayes.