Support Topic Lords on Patreon and get episodes a week early! (https://www.patreon.com/topiclords)
* James is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Triplefox
* Jesse is on Twitter.
* One of the last "most wanted" Nazi war criminals lives in my town.
* What's Michael?, the other cartoon fat cat
* There are several What's Michael anime series, one of them has a particularly amazing music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZLz1LQRnY&t=116s
* The opening of the Heathcliff Cartoon uses one of the numerous Shuki Levy 80's cartoon themes. It rhymes "jubilee" with "superiority"! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LLb8EBU9nQ
* He’s Wearing The Gravy Helmet, Again : The Greatest Single Panel in Modern American Comics: https://medium.com/@videocrime/hes-wearing-the-gravy-helmet-again-the-greatest-single-panel-in-modern-american-comics-10c269ca4102
* In the patent for Tapper, the developers admit that it's just Space Invaders turned on its side
* "Upon an advancing patron such as the cowboy 54e in FIG. 2 receiving a filled mug 58b, the receiving patron will be moved or repelled back toward the door end of the bar a predetermined incremental distance. If the patron is moved to the boundary at the door image 52, the patron goes off screen for a predetermined time interval and then reenters the same bar at the door 52. However, if the repelled thirsty patron remains on screen, the patron will then be shown in a drinking pose 54f as in FIG. 3. When the patron, after a predetermined delay, finishes drinking the beverage, the empty mug 58c, is slid back toward the supply or keg end of the bar."
* Ice Cold Beer has an official digitization in "Zeke's Peak" https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093800/ZekesPeak/
* Shogun Assassin (1980) https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081506/
* Brad asks "Hummingbirds have to consume twice their body weight in a day to survive. If you had to do this, what would your strategy be?"
* Realizing pop cans are 355 mL because that's 12 US fluid ounces.
* The ounce is a unit of mass and the dry ounce of volume, but the pint and the dry pint are both units of volume.
* Soda vs Pop vs. Coke: Who Says What, And Where? https://www.huffpost.com/entry/soda-vs-popn2103764
* Plastic Recycling is an Actual Scam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJnJ8mK3Q3g
* How China Broke the World's Recycling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXRtNwUju5g
* Is macaroni and cheese known outside of America? Or, if you were opening a restaurant in a foreign country, what cuisine would it be?
* How Thai food took over America https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2019/01/10/how-thai-food-took-over-america
* What Color Is a Tennis Ball? https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2018/02/what-color-tennis-ball-green-yellow/523521/
* Wikipedia lists these other related dishes:
* An oddly temperate day in the park in the middle of January.
* Not necessarily recognizing the war criminal who lives in your town.
* Checking the box that says "I did not do the Holocaust" on the immigration form.
* How it takes 50 years to deport a Nazi from Canada.
* Berlin, Canada.
* Getting a steak and a beer with the 110 year old who works with you at the grocery store.
* Where you go if you're really young and you want to become a war criminal.
* A thing that is strange but also very ordinary.
* Explaining Garfield.
* Heathcliff, the other other fat orange cartoon cat.
* Explaining cow tools.
* Tools that don't really look like anything but it's the best a cow can do.
* What it means when Heathcliff wears the gravy helmet.
* When an ancient comic strip gets funny again because the original artist finally retired and got replaced by a Tumblr user.
* Stealing all the fish from the fish counter and the vendor can't do anything about it because you're wearing a helmet that says "fish."
* Scrolling a web page and discovering how many helmets Heathcliff has.
* Managing the flow of mugs in this Space Invaders clone.
* The best electromechanical bar game that triggers your trypophobia.
* A story-heavy RPG adaptation of an electromechanical bar game.
* Playing a story heavy game and wishing the story and the game parts were separable.
* How magical girl shows and JRPGs both presentationally separate story from combat.
* Taking the fight scenes from a robot combat show and writing new scenes where the robots are going to high school.
* Learning to fly in place.
* Becoming a hummingbird and learning to do what hummingbirds do.
* Consuming the densest possible foods such as lead.
* Assuming that iron is the densest element because it's at the Earth's core and must have sunk there.
* Searching for densest foods and Google gives you the most nutrient dense foods, which is definitively not what you asked for.
* Arctic explorers bringing sleds full of frozen butter to eat.
* Eating your weight in salt every day.
* Whether 1 milliliter of water weighs exactly one gram everywhere, or just in that locked vault in Paris.
* The Canadian hotline you can call to report bars that serve you an American pint of beer.
* The metric pint.
* Ounces per ounce.
* Writing to Stephen Wolfram to complain about the dry ounce.
* That double gotcha bar trivia question about whether an ounce of feathers is lighter than an ounce of gold.
* Europeans getting confused when Americans talk about calories when they mean kilocalories.
* Using more significant digits than the speaker intended when doing unit conversion.
* Whether someone saying "a thousand" to mean "a lot" is one significant digit or zero.
* Whether in the Bible "forty" is used colloquially to mean "a lot."
* Taking a dialect quiz that tries to guess where you're from but it doesn't know about Canada so it guesses you're from the American Midwest.
* Whether recycling is still a thing or in fact ever was.
* Keeping people employed at a factory sorting plastic for no particular reason.
* Pasta and cheese being popular all over the world.
* How Canadians have Kraft macaroni and cheese for dinner all the time.
* The biscuit you eat!
* How Pad Thai is a psyop.
* Putting fish in a bucket and waiting until it becomes fish sauce.
* Fear of discovering the fish flavor in fish sauce and ruining Thai food forever.
* Putting fish sauce on pizza yourself because Domino's doesn't offer it as a topping.
* Opening a Taco Bell in Mexico.
* Asking not for whom the Baja Blasts.
* A can of cream of mushroom soup inside of a Shepherd's Pie.
* Another salty MSG flavored brown liquid.