Today is an exciting day! For the first time on What Color is Your Tractor, we sit down with co-founder and CEO of a tractor manufacturer on the day the first machines roll off the line! Chrissy Wozniak speaks with Praveen Penmetsa of Monarch Tractor to hear how this incredible company was formed, and the features of this industry leading tractor.
Monarch Tractor Launches Production of Founder Series MK-V:
The First Commercially Available Electric, Driver-Optional Smart Tractor
Constellation Brands, one of the world’s most prominent producers of wine, spirits and beer, has partnered with Monarch by purchasing the first six units of the Founder Series MK-V tractor
LIVERMORE, Calif. – December 1, 2022 – Monarch Tractor, maker of the MK-V, the fully electric, driver-optional, smart tractor, today announced the first tractors are coming off the Founder Series production line at its headquarters and manufacturing facility in Livermore, California. The rollout comes less than two years since Monarch unveiled its groundbreaking tractor that combines electrification, automation, and data analysis to help farmers reduce their carbon footprint, improve field safety, streamline farming operations, and increase their bottom lines. Constellation Brands, the leading global premium, fine wine and craft spirits producer and largest beer importer in the US, has partnered with Monarch as its first customer, through its purchase of the first six Founder Series MK-V tractors.
The use of the MK-V tractor simultaneously helps solve numerous challenges farmers face today including labor shortages, safety concerns, increased customer scrutiny for sustainable practices, government regulations, and more. Key features of the MK-V include:
• Renewable Technology: The MK-V is 100 percent electric and has zero tailpipe emissions. It also serves as a 3-in-1 electrification tool, operating as a tractor or utility vehicle during operation, as well as a powerful electric generator in the field.
• Driver Optional: Monarch utilizes the latest autonomous and robotics hardware and software technology, including the NVIDIA Jetson edge AI platform, to provide driver-assist and driver-optional operations. The Monarch MK-V can perform pre-programmed tasks without a driver, or an operator can use the Monarch interactive automation features including Shadow mode to have the Monarch Tractor follow a worker on the job.
• Unprecedented Safety: The MK-V is packed with safety features including rollover and collision prevention, vision-based Power Take Off (PTO) safety, and 360° cameras to keep operations running smoothly and employees safe, day or night.
• Deep Learning & Sensing Suite: The MK-V collects and analyzes crop data daily and can process data from current and next-generation implements equipped with sensors and imaging. This data can be used for real-time implement adjustments, long-term yield estimates, current growth stages and other plant/crop health metrics.
• Smart Device Operation: Through a smartphone or personal device, MK-V users receive tractor status alerts, detailed operations reports, and data collection, analysis, and storage for more efficient farm planning.
• Powerful: The Monarch electric drivetrain is capable of providing 40HP (30KW) of continuous power and short duration peak power up to 75HP
Did you know that at NorthAmericanAg.com we are committed to providing valuable resources for farms and agribusiness. Find your next podcast in the Best of Ag Podcast Library, delve into our On Demand Webinar series, check out the latest in ag news, or treat yourself to a new hoodie or tee from our swag shop! Head over to our subscribe page to join our community and be the first to know about what’s happening in the industry!
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Around the NFL
NFL.com's "Around the NFL" crew (Gregg Rosenthal, Dan Hanzus and Marc Sessler) break down the latest football news, with a dash of mirth.