In this episode we cover:
· Real growth, maturity and clarity of thought do not emerge during times of peace and
· When you watch what you know so well be altered and changed, remember that there may be an outcome that you just can’t see yet.
· Although all of us have had our landscapes rearranged lately, hold to the hope that we can trust that our landscape will be restored…vibrant and whole, and even better, again.
· Being a people pleaser can make you so overwhelmed trying to be all things to all people.
· The importance of digging deep and examining motives and considering views before saying “Yes”.
· Our words, especially that “yes” one can tangle us up in ways that do damage.
· “No” is one-word sentence that is perfectly proper and correct when needed.
· Sometimes say No to some things…..so that you can say Yes to others.
Dr. Sheri (pronounced Sher-Ree) is a visionary, best-selling author and sought-after physician leader. She is an occupational & environmental medicine physician, public health expert, and a breast cancer survivor. After breast cancer treatment left her disabled from lymphedema in her right upper extremity, stripping her of her life-long dream of being a practicing physician, she re-invented herself and went on to become a national public figure, professional speaker, and entrepreneur/owner of her own healthcare consulting business. She has been the catalyst for transformation in the space of cultural and workplace diversity for more than two decades. She launched her TV show, The LIVE Today Show, on CANTV channel 21.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Sheri Prentiss
4 Tips on How to LIVE
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on iTunes, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review for the Where Medicine Meets Ministry Podcast on iTunes.
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zach and Donald
You know what's long, tedious and boring? Surgery. You know what isn't? This new podcast! Join Scrubs co-stars and real-life best friends Zach Braff and Donald Faison for a weekly comedy podcast where they relive the hit TV show, one episode at a time. Each week, these BFFs will discuss an episode of Scrubs, sharing behind-the-scenes stories and reminiscing on some of their favorite memories from filming. They’ll also connect with Scrubs super fans and feature beloved show cast members for exclusive interviews.