In Episode 71, we find out about Les 2 Alpes, snowshoeing in Engelberg, quarantine, testing and the new ‘traffic light’ travel rules, plus we have snow reports from around the Alps and an focus on equipment trends for 2021/22.
Iain was joined by Helena Hospital, Press Relations from Les 2 Alpes and Alyn Morgan from SkiKitinfo.
· Alyn last skied in Glenshee· Katie Crowe is Communications Manager for Battleface Travel
· You can find out more about the Battleface survey here
· A study from Amadeus revealed 91% of travellers would be comfortable
with a digital health passport
· Alex Irwin from 150 Days of Winter
is based in Courchevel· Andy Butterworth from Kaluma Travel
is in St Anton, Austria· France is in lockdown just now· The Les 2 Alpes glacier is due to open on 29 May or 05 June
· Iain covered the French ski resort protests in December on Skipedia· Helena confirmed that lift pass revenues in Les 2 Alpes are down from €170m to €40m· Les 2 Alpes will open with limited capacity, perhaps only 300 lift passes per day· Look out for the Bradley Wiggins-hosted cycling event in September in Les 2 Alpes· Al Morgan is from SkiKitInfo.com
· This is the Elan Voyager foldable ski· Watch this video for a reminder why knowing how your transceiver works is essential
· Roving Swiss reporter Charlie Rees was in Engelberg
· Kirsty Muir, silver Slopestyle World Cup
· Charlotte Bankes, Bronze Snowboard Cross World Cup
Veysonnaz· Billy Major has just been crowned
Europa Cup Slalom Champion 2020/21· Listen to our Eddie the Eagle special episode here
· Roger Federer is now a global ambassador for Switzerland· Iain has a place in the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc
trail running race in August Buy Me A Coffee
I'd like to thank Wayne, Hubert and also these guys who all bought me a cuppa: Nick D: "Great podcast, keep up the fantastic work"
Andrew Thomas: “I've followed you for well over a year and seen the standard increase significantly in the last year. Keep up the good work.” If you enjoy The Ski Podcast, you can buy me a coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast Reviews
Skiintel on Instagram: "Love the podcast. Especially the one about train travel to the Alps. We're booking our first ski train for next year as a result."
Inside Morzine on Twitter: 'An excellent listen'
The Winner of our competition is 'Les Petit Singe' on Apple Podcasts, who kindly said: "Love this podcast, it is the shining light that gets me through the week, discovering previous episodes and, because if pesky Covid, keeps the fire burning for next season. Informative, educational and extremely interesting. Keep up the brilliant work."
If you'd like a set of The Ski Podcast stickers, then email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Iain on social media @skipedia and the show @theskipodcast - now on Instagram
as well. Thanks as always to Switzerland Tourism