In episode 213, Jack and Miles are joined by writer Amy Lam to discuss the legend Aretha Franklin, the new film Crazy Rich Asians, Jason Kessler being humiliated by his father, Alex Jones and InfoWars holding strong, how #MeToo comebacks may be here soon, heartwarming stories that are a disguise for late-stage capitalism, and more!
1. Aretha Franklin, the ‘Queen of Soul,’ Dies at 76
2. WATCH: Aretha Franklin - Don't Play That Song You Lied
3. Crazy Rich Asians isn’t about money, it’s about entitlement—and that’s a good thing
4. The organizer of the Charlottesville rally just got humiliated by his own father
5. Bans don’t seem to be lessening reach of Alex Jones, InfoWars
6. Les Moonves and CBS Face Allegations of Sexual Misconduct
7. When Is Time Really Up? #MeToo Movement Grapples With Paths to Redemption
8. Men "Brought Down" by the #MeToo Movement Are Back
9. Charlie Rose Will Reportedly Host a Show About Men Brought Down by #MeToo
10. Matt Lauer still has ties at NBC News, where colleagues believe a professional comeback is possible
11. Casey Affleck’s Dark Secret: The Disturbing Allegations Against the Oscar Hopeful
12. FX boss on how Louis C.K. could return to TV
13. The Redemption Narrative in the 2017 Oscar Nominations
14. Mel Gibson has set the blueprint for a #MeToo comeback. Expect other men to follow it.
15. Where are they now? Why 'sh---- media men' keep getting second chances
16. Donating vacation time to new moms is a trendy co-worker baby shower gift
17. I'm Insanely Jealous of Sweden's Work-Family Policies. You Should Be, Too.
18. Trump's military parade is now estimated to cost $92 million – $80 million more than earlier estimate
19. WATCH: Aretha Franklin- I Never Loved A Man (Demo Version)
Learn more about your ad-choices at https://news.iheart.com/podcast-advertisers