Raj Lala, President & CEO of Evolve ETFs, joins industry experts to discuss topics such as; cyber security, artificial intelligence (A.I.), auto innovation (including electric and self-driving cars), blockchain, ETFs, and more.
In this episode of The Disruptors Behind Innovation, we discuss how the rapid rise of bitcoin has sparked an increase in conversations about the future growth of digital finance. As a non-correlated asset class, bitcoin is being viewed as a store of value and a potential hedge against inflation.
Drew is a career security professional who has served as Chief Security Officer at several companies including SpaceX, CME Group, and Honeywell. Drew is excited to fuse a proven Department of Defense technology with blockchain to innovate a market data solution to propel the financial services industry forward. He also served in the U.S. government in a variety of capacities, including leading a resilience and security practice at ...
This is an episode of The Disruptors Behind Innovation with host Raj Lala and guest, Robert Di Iorio. Robert is Vice-President & Portfolio Manager at RBC Dominion Securities Inc. Robert focuses on working with clients to create long-term, mathematically attainable, personalized plans, and oversees overall portfolio design. In this conversation, we discuss how to discuss a volatile market with clients, how growth themes affect o...
This is an episode of The Disruptors Behind Innovation with host Raj Lala and guest, Anthony Di Iorio. Anthony is founder and CEO of Decentral Inc. He funded and co-founded Ethereum, the decentralized smart contract platform. In this conversation, we discuss the ethereum blockchain, cryptocurrencies (ether/bitcoin), disruptive technologies, giving back to the community and helping solve problems.
Anthony Di Iorio, Fo...
Episode Length: 27:22
· Defining disruption and evolution
· Technological advancements in the banking industry
· Clientelligent services in the financial industry
· Deep learning for product recommendations
· Data-driven lead generation
· Deep learning model development
· Views on industries to watch for disruptive innovation
· Predictions on the adoption of evolutionary technology
Darren Cabral, Co-Fo...
Episode Length: 32:58
· Overview of the Canadian and U.S. ETF markets
· Actively managed ETF strategies
· Smart beta strategies
· How the ETF market eclipsed the mutual fund market in Canada
· U.S. ETF market trends
· Why financial advisors use ETFs in Canada and the U.S.
· Views on whether or not the ETF market is overcrowded
· Growing interests in thematic ETFs
· Institutional investors and ESG
· Expectations on th...
Episode Length: 24:11
· Views on the recent Capital One data breach
· Canadian law on data breaches
· Global spending in the cybersecurity industry
· What CEOs are most concerned about regarding cybersecurity
· Outsourcing of cybersecurity services
· What banks are doing to protect themselves from security breaches
· The biggest shift in the types of cyber attacks
· Sectors that may need to increase cybersecurity spe...
Episode Length: 20:09
· The catalysts for growth in the technology sector
· Differences between eGaming and eSports
· How revenue streams have changed in the gaming industry
· eSports leagues and teams
· Size and growth of the eGaming sector
· How 5G and cloud computing affects eGaming
· Global demographics of gamers
· eSports viewership
· Top predictions on the eGaming & eSports industry
Keynote Speaker: Robert ...
Episode Length: 22:24
· How the Canadian cannabis market is changing
· The role of retail in the cannabis space
· Recent developments in the U.S. cannabis industry
· Insights on legalization in the U.S.
· How the U.S market is developing in comparison with the Canadian market
· The cannabis market in California
· Market projections for the Canadian and U.S. cannabis industry
· Latest company updates on MedMen
Episode Length: 18:13
· The evolving role of the financial advisor
· Changes to the wealth management industry
· Rising popularity of ETFs
· Current investor trends and socially responsible investing mandates
· Current investment themes
· Views on how age may play a factor to investment decisions
· Predictions on the future of the Canadian ETF industry
· Helpful tips for investors
Keynote Speaker: John De Goey, Portfo...
Episode Length: 33:48
· Growing systemic challenges in cybersecurity
· How the public sector can protect itself from cybercrime
· the NSA and its role in the recent Baltimore ransomware attack
· Opinions on Baltimore’s decision not to pay their cyber attackers
· CEOs recognizing cyber security as a major business risk
· Cybersecurity demand and spend
· Government concerns about cyber threats
· Advice on how to protect...
Episode Length: 35:42
· Defining artificial intelligence (AI) and the importance of decision making
· Data processing and portfolio rebalancing through AI
· How AI affects investing and portfolio management
· The relationship between AI and cyber security
· Predictions on self-driving cars in Canada
· The role of data, aggregate data, and data privacy in AI
· Data privacy, data ownership, and data trust
· Montreal ...
· What may be the biggest concerns for the future
· Amazon and how they affect and disrupt various industries
· How 5G may affect different parts of the world and impact lives
· How artificial intelligence and automation may affect the future job market
· Defining robots in the home and their role in our day to day lives
· Sustainability and future of blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
· Predictions about to...
· How artificial intelligence (AI) works within the financial services industry
· Black box AI & glass box AI, and regulations around AI
· The impact of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in the US & Canada
· How data and digitalization is changing the banking landscape
· The decreasing importance of cash
· Predictions on new entrants into the financial industry
• About Salim Naran •
Sal is the co-f...
Learn about how artificial intelligence (AI) and cyber security are intertwined, the association of increased connectivity to cybercrime, the trade-off between convenience and privacy, the impact of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), top predictions, and more.
• About Carole Piovesan •
Carole Piovesan is Lawyer, Lead in Artificial Intelligence, and Co-Lead of the firm’s National Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Managemen...
Find out how Canada's gender-balanced cabinet has changed the dynamic and views within the government over the past few years; the three biggest challenges in closing the overall gender gap; what is being done to encourage females to enter the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields; and gender diversity in the United States.
• About Julia Smith •
Julia Smith is Senior Policy Analyst, Policy and Exter...
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
Stuff You Should Know
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.