Episode Length: 27:22
· Defining disruption and evolution
· Technological advancements in the banking industry
· Clientelligent services in the financial industry
· Deep learning for product recommendations
· Data-driven lead generation
· Deep learning model development
· Views on industries to watch for disruptive innovation
· Predictions on the adoption of evolutionary technology
Darren Cabral, Co-Fo...
Episode Length: 32:58
· Overview of the Canadian and U.S. ETF markets
· Actively managed ETF strategies
· Smart beta strategies
· How the ETF market eclipsed the mutual fund market in Canada
· U.S. ETF market trends
· Why financial advisors use ETFs in Canada and the U.S.
· Views on whether or not the ETF market is overcrowded
· Growing interests in thematic ETFs
· Institutional investors and ESG
· Expectations on th...
Episode Length: 24:11
· Views on the recent Capital One data breach
· Canadian law on data breaches
· Global spending in the cybersecurity industry
· What CEOs are most concerned about regarding cybersecurity
· Outsourcing of cybersecurity services
· What banks are doing to protect themselves from security breaches
· The biggest shift in the types of cyber attacks
· Sectors that may need to increase cybersecurity spe...
Episode Length: 20:09
· The catalysts for growth in the technology sector
· Differences between eGaming and eSports
· How revenue streams have changed in the gaming industry
· eSports leagues and teams
· Size and growth of the eGaming sector
· How 5G and cloud computing affects eGaming
· Global demographics of gamers
· eSports viewership
· Top predictions on the eGaming & eSports industry
Keynote Speaker: Robert ...
Episode Length: 22:24
· How the Canadian cannabis market is changing
· The role of retail in the cannabis space
· Recent developments in the U.S. cannabis industry
· Insights on legalization in the U.S.
· How the U.S market is developing in comparison with the Canadian market
· The cannabis market in California
· Market projections for the Canadian and U.S. cannabis industry
· Latest company updates on MedMen
Episode Length: 18:13
· The evolving role of the financial advisor
· Changes to the wealth management industry
· Rising popularity of ETFs
· Current investor trends and socially responsible investing mandates
· Current investment themes
· Views on how age may play a factor to investment decisions
· Predictions on the future of the Canadian ETF industry
· Helpful tips for investors
Keynote Speaker: John De Goey, Portfo...
Episode Length: 33:48
· Growing systemic challenges in cybersecurity
· How the public sector can protect itself from cybercrime
· the NSA and its role in the recent Baltimore ransomware attack
· Opinions on Baltimore’s decision not to pay their cyber attackers
· CEOs recognizing cyber security as a major business risk
· Cybersecurity demand and spend
· Government concerns about cyber threats
· Advice on how to protect...
Episode Length: 35:42
· Defining artificial intelligence (AI) and the importance of decision making
· Data processing and portfolio rebalancing through AI
· How AI affects investing and portfolio management
· The relationship between AI and cyber security
· Predictions on self-driving cars in Canada
· The role of data, aggregate data, and data privacy in AI
· Data privacy, data ownership, and data trust
· Montreal ...
· What may be the biggest concerns for the future
· Amazon and how they affect and disrupt various industries
· How 5G may affect different parts of the world and impact lives
· How artificial intelligence and automation may affect the future job market
· Defining robots in the home and their role in our day to day lives
· Sustainability and future of blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies
· Predictions about to...
· How artificial intelligence (AI) works within the financial services industry
· Black box AI & glass box AI, and regulations around AI
· The impact of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in the US & Canada
· How data and digitalization is changing the banking landscape
· The decreasing importance of cash
· Predictions on new entrants into the financial industry
• About Salim Naran •
Sal is the co-f...
Learn about how artificial intelligence (AI) and cyber security are intertwined, the association of increased connectivity to cybercrime, the trade-off between convenience and privacy, the impact of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), top predictions, and more.
• About Carole Piovesan •
Carole Piovesan is Lawyer, Lead in Artificial Intelligence, and Co-Lead of the firm’s National Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Managemen...
Find out how Canada's gender-balanced cabinet has changed the dynamic and views within the government over the past few years; the three biggest challenges in closing the overall gender gap; what is being done to encourage females to enter the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields; and gender diversity in the United States.
• About Julia Smith •
Julia Smith is Senior Policy Analyst, Policy and Exter...