Is there a way that you can use comedy to conenct with your co-workers better? Besides using your standard dad jokes? (please stop doing those)
This week, Dan speaks with comedian Chris Tabish, the co-founder of Venture West Consulting and the author of the new book "Comediology: Be More Effective and Fulfilled in Business With Comedy." Chris was like many people, stuck in a job that was taking a toll not only on himself but on his family. He was able to use stand-up comedy as a way to not only find himself personally, but find himself in business. It enabled him to break free of living outside of his heart and soul and find his voice, be present, and stop doing things for reasons other than experiencing joy and fulfillment.
Things discussed in this episode include...
- Why owning who you are is the ultimate way to bring true happiness in your life.
- The power of the "F It!" point and what you should take action when you feel you're ready.
- How asking yourself "WHY" can give you clarity in your current situation and where you want your life to go.
- Why making a career change may not be the right move and how to know it.
- How building the right environment around you can change yourself and your situation.
- Why the process of finding yourself can be just as powerful and fun as getting to where you want to be.
- How the fear of failure isn't necessarily what you think it is.
- Why you should recognize your success and give yourself more credit for what you've accomplished.
- How the fundamentals of comedy can actually be a way for you to build better connections with your co-workers.
Learn more about Chris and pick up his new book at comediology.com
Find Dan on Instagram @cscdanmason
Join the Life Amplified Power Tribe Facebook Group! facebook.com/groups/lifeamplified
To learn more about working with Dan one-on-one, visit creativesoulcoaching.net
Learn more about your ad-choices at https://www.iheartpodcastnetwork.com