iHeartCountry Festival 2022: 24 Facts You Didn't Know About The Lineup
By Kelly Fisher
January 25, 2022
You won’t want to miss the star-studded lineup at the 2022 iHeartCountry Festival Presented by Capital One. Hosted by Bobby Bones at the new Moody Center in Austin, Texas, the iHeartCountry Festival's stacked lineup this year will include: Thomas Rhett, Carrie Underwood, Zac Brown Band, Maren Morris, Dustin Lynch, Jimmie Allen, Scotty McCreery, Cody Johnson and more.
“Country music fans across the country look forward to the iHeartCountry Festival each and every year,” Rod Phillips, Executive Vice President of Programming for iHeartCountry, said in a statement. “We are thrilled to have such an incredible lineup perform at this year’s show and are especially excited to bring our nationally recognized event to the new Moody Center in Austin for the first-time.”
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, February 4, at 1 p.m. ET. Capital One cardholders will have exclusive access to pre-sale tickets for 48 hours beginning on Tuesday, February 1, at 11 a.m. ET.
The iHeartCountry Festival, in its ninth year, is set for Saturday, May 7 at 8 p.m. ET. Fans can tune in to the star-studded festival on iHeartMedia's Country music radio stations, which will broadcast the event live, as well as on iHeartRadio.com and the iHeartRadio app.
Get to know the biggest artists of the 2022 iHeartCountry Fest lineup here:
1. Thomas Rhett and his wife Lauren Akins are total couple goals, but he admitted that when they shared their first kiss at age 15, it didn’t go perfectly: “We literally clanked teeth.”
2. Rhett is gearing up to release two new albums in 2022: Where We Started and Country Again: Side B.
3. This month, Rhett performed at the “coldest game in NHL history” in Minneapolis.
4. Carrie Underwood quickly launched her career when she won American Idol in 2005. Instead of becoming one of the biggest stars in country music, however, Underwood’s mom thought the competition show would be a starting point of her daughter’s career as a local TV anchor.
6. The “Love Wins” singer once teamed up with Drew Barrymore and surprised a 7-year-old fan with a $10,000 donation to her local hospital.
Zac Brown Band
7. “Goodbye In Her Eyes” is one of Zac Brown Band’s biggest songs, and the band’s frontman revealed during an exclusive iHeartRadio Album Release Party for The Comeback that the track took more than a decade to finish. Brown explained that the holdup happened because two lines weren’t ready yet, and the band aims to “encourage each other to remain creative until we find the absolute best for that specific line.
8. Band members Matt Mangano (bass) and Chris Fryar (drums) said “Same Boat” is among their favorite songs from their latest album because it’s so “deeply unconventional.”
9. Zac Brown Band once co-wrote a song in a cross-genre collaboration with pop singer-songwriter Shawn Mendes.
10. Maren Morris recently revealed some of her favorite “haunts” around Nashville, including Grimey’s New & Preloved Music, Radmore Lake State Park, Ryman Auditorium and Prince’s Hot Chicken, among others.
11. Morris and her husband, fellow singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd, welcomed their first child in March of 2020. Morris revealed in a hilarious tweet (that was super relatable to other parents) that her nearly 2-year-old son got “so many gifts” for Christmas — and opted to play with a dog crate instead.
12. Morris and Hurd wrote one of Toby Keith’s most recent hit songs, “Old School.”
14. Lynch revealed that John Mayer’s 2006 album, Continuum, helped him get through his first breakup.
15. Though music has always been his dream, Lynch once told Cody Alan that he used to be a medical student at Lipscomb University (and that experience helped him prepare for his career as a country artist).
16. Jimmie Allen isn’t just a talented singer-songwriter. The country artist is also the Executive Music Producer for Titletown High, a Netflix series based in “a Georgia town where football rules and winning is paramount, a high school team tackles romance, rivalries and real life while vying for a title.”
17. Allen once went head-to-head against Catfish host Nev Schulman and his family on Celebrity Family Feud — and even Steve Harvey couldn’t contain himself watching Allen’s No. 1 answer dance.
19. When Scotty McCreery celebrated “You Time” reading No. 1 on country radio, he posted a sweet message to his wife: “We grew so much and learned what teamwork is really all about. Wouldn’t want to do life w/ anyone else. Love you, Gabi!”
20. McCreery once surprised an Air Force veteran and a volunteer firefighter with a performance at their virtual wedding during the COVID-19 pandemic.
21. One of McCreery’s pet peeves is leaving toothpaste in the sink.
22. Cody Johnson was the first independent artists to sell out a show at NRG Stadium during Rodeo Houston.
23. The talented country artist also performs impressive covers, including songs originally performed by Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, George Strait and others.
24. Johnson recently released Human, an ambitious 18-track double album that’s packed with songs that Johnson says “were originally dubbed too country for country.”